Originally Posted By: JohnZ
Siegfried:

There is a big difference between returning somehting that was not as described.. where one would expect a courteous and quick full refund.

If the item was ok to start with and you now want to sell it to the original dealer or to anyone else, then the market will prevail. You will get for it what the other wants to offer. If you don't like the offer, then don't take it. It you take the offer, then don't whine about it (and this is NOT what I think that Ryan is doing here at all). When you are anxious to sell, then your ability to tell a low ball offeror to pee up a stick isn't very strong at all.

Indirectly, I think that this is becoming a bit of a Craig bashing thread. I can't fault Craig for making a low ball offer, even if he is the one who sold this originally. But, Ryan didn't have to accept the low offer, did he? Craig may have been greedy and a prime capitalist, but isn't that the American dream (apologies to all my 'Merican friends)?

John

No one is bashing CG.
Any negative comments voiced, he has brought upon himself. We are all presumably adults, any "bashing" going on, no doubt admin would put a stop to it, pronto.
Thats one thing that really gets me, the inevitable implication that you can't say anything negative about any of the "big guys" without the need for being censored - In other words, if ya don't have anything good to say about them, then don't say it at all !
I for one am not impressed with someones title, status or claim to fame. Anyone should be called out, or praised, for that matter, solely on the merits of what they have done.

I honestly don't think people like this have much of a conscience. I think they enjoy stepping on peoples toes, and turning a profit off others misfortunes. They always fall back on the well worn "no one held a gun to their head" clich� to ease what little dormant kernel of conscience they may have, and are prone to bow out, in the guise of "taking the high road", of any subsequent discussions of their latest shenanigans.
This ain't the first, and it won't be the last.

On the + side, Craig deserves props for creating this excellent forum, and I also must say, he makes it very easy to unsubscribe from his auction mailings.

Last edited by Skynyrd; 01/22/2012 08:38 AM.

Doug