Tristan,

It might not be a large model, but you know what they say about dynamite coming in 'small packages ...' ... right?

Glad to see that you've found another outstanding unit for your super collection, very nice. wink

You know, after looking at works produced by Allach for some years now, I never grow tired of seeing this upstart company's quest for excellence. They were just so consistent on so many different levels - items large and small: light-fixtures, iconic busts, historic personages, plaques, plates and lest we forget, some of the most spectacular birds and animals ever produced in late 19th and twentieth-century, European porcelain.

Tiberius,

Another beauty, I like the way the legs are painted and the subtle but strong tones that define the body musculature. Are any of Hussmann's horses on your want list, I'd just be curious to know? I've never seen any 'up-close-and-personal' but they seem dynamic and full of action, usually with a wild mane flying about in all directions.

I've been looking into Gerhard Marcks' animals lately, I wanted to see if all the fuss was warranted about him? I saw a few of his works and thought they were a bit too primitive for my taste. There's a porcelain lioness by Marcks that barely hints at any detail whatsoever, and is normally expensive. But then I found that he produced a long series of bronze wildlife, to include some very interesting, almost minimalist stuff. The Nazis hated his avant-garde style and eventually drove him out of business, along with countless other talented artists. Anyway, here are a couple of pieces by Herr Marcks that I hope you'll enjoy, some more horses and a nice fat swine, heh ... grin grin

Best!

B~

marckshengstesm.jpg (53.36 KB, 79 downloads)