Hi gentlemen I wish to relay a factual story of what happened to me last year and solicit opinions. I purchased an SS honour ring early last year for the pricely sum of $10,995.00 from a well known dealer. I added an authentic ring box (not purchased from the same seller as ring) for a total investment of $13,995.00. 4 months later a sudden change in my marital and subsequently financial situation forced me to offer this ring and box back to the original seller. The seller was not interested as he said that he was "overstocked" at the time in honor rings but offerred to broker a deal for the ring and box with another well known and respected dealer. I was told that the dealer would take the ring and box for the sum of $7000.00. As I was in a financial bind due to the disolution of my marriage I agreed. I mailed off both ring and box to the recommended dealer. Weeks went by and I received no payment. after more than a month and in desperate need of the funds I contacted the original dealer. The dealer informed me that the second dealer decided to pass on the ring as it did not meet his "expectations" I found this odd as the original seller "recommended" the ring and I would have to assume that he gave an apt discription. Also I was told that second dealer would "take the ring" for the price discussed. The original seller than offerred to take both ring and box for the sum of $6000.00 a loss of $7995.00 in less than 4 months. The original seller than stated " I feel like I basically raped you" I have since discovered (very recently)that both dealers are friends and involved in a partnership. I have done much business with the original seller of the ring...but not with the second dealer, although I have the uptmost respect for the second dealer until now. The ring is now offerred for sale on a dealer's site who advertises on this very site minus the box for $9000.00....my question is thus...does anyone believe that I have any recourse whatsoever? I don't want to compare this feeling that I have to rape as I believe that is insultive but I do feel like I was played..Thanks and regards, Ryan rsellick@rogers.com