Great little bird, Tristan! Love all the delicate details. smile

It's been a while since I've shared something new on this thread, but I'm excited to show off my latest equine find. It's a piece I've been tracking down for a while and I lucked into it for a great price recently. It's a large (12" x 12") horse by the German firm Cortendorf, which manufactured earthenware/ceramic decorative pieces around the mid-century. It was later acquired by the Goebel company, which many of the Cortendorf molds being recycled and produced under the Goebel name. This horse, an original Cortendorf piece, dates to about the mid 1950's. I also have the same horse in two different colors as produced by Goebel, but this one is far and away the nicest of the lot.

Unfortunately, as with many of the Cortendorf/Goebel horses pre-dating such talents as Bochmann and Grindley, information about the sculptor of this piece and others like it remains elusive. There is no signature, but as you can see the artist that created this piece had a fine eye for details, proportion, and a classic sculptural elegance.

Enjoy!

T.