Tristan,

I honestly never noticed that Himmelstoss contracted to make the flower prize before! And on top of that it was the first piece of Allach I ever bought, at least twenty years ago, heh. Determining the arrangement or contract would be beyond my limited knowledge of Allach. There's a possibility that Kris or Dennis might know the reason why Karl Himmelstoss was chosen? Possibly through his old Rosenthal connection with Professor K�rner? Good observation and question.

Did you by any chance save the larger photo of the "Cham�leon mit Frosch?" When I opened the link the auction was stopped and they only left that postage stamp size photo to view. I'll have to see if I can turn up a better image of that lovely unit for us if you didn't. From what I could see it looks more than impressive and I love the subject matter. At nearly 20 inches tall it's a definite 'eye-catcher' and just the type of thing that floats my boat. wink

Do you know who sculpted the nude on the gold ball? Maybe Werner or Scheurich? Now that one I like ... much more elegant that the Schaubach Kunst examples.

Thanks so much for sharing your latest observations with all of us, I especially enjoy this kind of input.

Tiberius,

Thought you might enjoy the horse figure too, heh ..

I didn't get these two pieces, just thought they were something good to post for us. It's also great fun to get Baz and John Z's blood-pressure up a few notches ... Looking forward to receiving my latest find, something a bit out of the ordinary for me. Hope your studies are going well.

Best!

B~