Tristan,

I honestly never noticed that Himmelstoss contracted to make the flower prize before! And on top of that it was the first piece of Allach I ever bought, at least twenty years ago, heh. Determining the arrangement or contract would be beyond my limited knowledge of Allach. There's a possibility that Kris or Dennis might know the reason why Karl Himmelstoss was chosen? Possibly through his old Rosenthal connection with Professor Kärner? Good observation and question.

Did you by any chance save the larger photo of the "Chamäleon mit Frosch?" When I opened the link the auction was stopped and they only left that postage stamp size photo to view. I'll have to see if I can turn up a better image of that lovely unit for us if you didn't. From what I could see it looks more than impressive and I love the subject matter. At nearly 20 inches tall it's a definite 'eye-catcher' and just the type of thing that floats my boat. wink

Do you know who sculpted the nude on the gold ball? Maybe Werner or Scheurich? Now that one I like ... much more elegant that the Schaubach Kunst examples.

Thanks so much for sharing your latest observations with all of us, I especially enjoy this kind of input.

Tiberius,

Thought you might enjoy the horse figure too, heh ..

I didn't get these two pieces, just thought they were something good to post for us. It's also great fun to get Baz and John Z's blood-pressure up a few notches ... Looking forward to receiving my latest find, something a bit out of the ordinary for me. Hope your studies are going well.

Best!

B~