G-man,

There were more than two decades when this style was very popular with German porcelain houses, I'd say predominantly from around 1910 - 1930. I like the looks of some of it, it's simple yet elegant. Some of the old masters like Fritz Klee had many of their designs decorated in this style and they work very well in my humble opinion. I've also seen some of these gilded pieces that I'd let the grandsons use for target practice ... grin

Looking at and judging things other people deem valuable or nice is interesting on so many levels. Naturally we all have to agree to disagree from time to time, you say 'toe-mah-toe' and I sat 'ta-mader...' That's part of what makes this hobby so enjoyable, actually being able to tell time through various styles, materials and finishing methods. My wife always tells me to 'expand my horizons' and not be so stodgy, so I'm trying my best not to be a "one-trick pony."

Mikee - glad to have you in my corner, heh... I didn't buy these two pieces, they're merely examples of other interesting works out there. As a rule I'm usually not too keen on 19th century porcelain animals, they're normally just a bit too borderline-primitive for my tastes, especially the painting and decoration. But every once in a great while I see something I like, but not often. However, I do like that Bauhaus-feel to some of these white/gold Art Deco creations.

Hope Johnny Z. doesn't see this thread ... I know he hates these gilded units, ha!

I've got something coming in the mail that's taking forever, but hopefully worth the wait ... good collecting to all. smile

Best!

B~