Thanks for the tip, I'll check into it.
Never read any of Irvings book, I am of course aware of the controversy surrounding him.
Doesn't faze me a bit, what I look for most in any historic writings is documented references, the lack of which makes a history book nearly worthless.
I have heard Irving is very good in that regards, so I'm about due to check him out and see what I think.
Checked my local library, which has a world class selection of books, at least volume wise - Not a single one by Irving, I'm thinking PC considerations are at play here.

They do have another I've recently heard about, "Nuremberg Interviews" Goldensohn, Leon. Never knew these interviews existed, sounds pretty interesting.
I read some snippets, and Goering was asked that, if he had somehow succeeded Hitler and tried to make peace with the allies, would he have turned over Himmler as a gesture of good will ?
He said "Hell no I would not have turned him over - I would have killed the bastard myself!"
Might have been easier said than done, even for Goering, but certainly there was no good will lost between those men.

During the Nuremberg trials, Dr. Leon Goldensohn�a psychiatrist for the U.S. Army�monitored the mental health of two dozen German leaders charged with carrying out genocide. These recorded conversations have gone largely unexamined for more than fifty years, until Robert Gellately�one of the premier historians of Nazi Germany�made them available to the public in this remarkable collection.Here are interviews with the likes of Hans Frank, Hermann Goering, Ernst Kaltenbrunner, and Joachim von Ribbentrop�the highest ranking Nazi officials in the Nuremberg jails. Here too are interviews with lesser-known officials essential to the inner workings of the Third Reich. Candid and often shockingly truthful, The Nuremberg Interviews is a profound addition to our understanding of the Nazi mind and mission.

http://www.randomhouse.com/book/68825/the-nuremberg-interviews-by-leon-goldensohn

Doug