Here is another Max show pick up of a maker that made a quality dagger and which rates in the middle on the McSaar scale. This acquisition was made complete from Ron Weinand Militaria. Ron was very helpful during the process and straight to the point in answering questions and concerns. His pricing was competitive,, which the end result was 2 dagger purchases!.., and the 2nd one I will post later. Pfeilringwerk made some great early SA daggers and from the past examples I have seen ,, it seems these daggers held their crossgraining and motto burnishing. This example reminds me of the near same craftmanship seen on WKC SA daggers. The reverse lower guard is marked �No� ,,or Nordsee..�North sea� . This SA group wore the dark green color on the top part of their kepis. The overall condition of the dagger is Near mint, with some slight ageing on the scabbard. The blade is in excellent condition with slight runner marks but that has not left any scratching on the blade surface.
The guards are internally marked with a dot , upper and lower and the tang is marked with an A in a circle and 16..
Below are a few photos of my early SA Pfeilringwerk.

pf121a.JPG (119.7 KB, 159 downloads)
pf121b.JPG (121.08 KB, 160 downloads)
pf121c.JPG (119 KB, 160 downloads)
pf121d.JPG (119.92 KB, 160 downloads)
pf121e.JPG (120.44 KB, 161 downloads)
Last edited by Siegfried B; 10/09/2011 08:54 PM.

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!