Fellow enthusiasts,

Here's something a little bit out of the ordinary, an "honor-member's" lapel pin from the St. Sebastion shooting club, Düsseldorf - Bilk. This was recently found by family members in Germany and belongs to an elaborate grouping of of shooting medals that I bought from them several years ago. We've stayed in touch and when they just turned this up they asked if I'd like to have it, to go with the other items that belonged Herr Josef Wiegel - a small, roundish owl of a man who sported a 'Hitler-moustache.' Naturally I jumped at the opportunity.

The heavy, oversize pin dates to about 1934 - 1935, was hand-made and marked by E. Bayer. A 'no-frills-sans-sawastika' design, but definitely of TR origin. Even the typeface they chose is plain and simple and has that Bauhaus, Art Deco look to it.

Don't know if any of you would remember the photos of the original medals that were posted? Super-sized, complex and very decorative compared to most ... they must've been "pre-crash" days I think..?

To the rest of you ladies and gents who normally will add something interesting, or even give words of encouragement to all of these archives, thanks mates!

For those of you who will be attending the upcoming gala in Pittsburgh, I wish all of you the best of luck with your collections. Have some fun out there ... grin wink

Best!

Bill Warda

aka:

Willi, TA Willi, Wilhelm, Bill, Billy the kid, Billy Fisch, Doodlesack, Sackaffe, Wildschwein, mrwilli and Ratso.

"...Car 54, where are you..?"

bilkobv1sm.jpg (25.71 KB, 139 downloads)
bilkobv2sm.jpg (75.9 KB, 139 downloads)