Paul,

That you and others are comfortable with these daggers is fine with me. I�m sure that Tom Johnson, who described in great detail the WW II veteran�s estate acquired� dagger posted on this thread, is also comfortable believing that it has never been apart.�

I�m not being sarcastic when I say this.� But I think that you can probably remember another fairly recent thread.� Where the issue of another "veteran" (estate sale) acquired dagger was examined at very great length.�Only one of a group of such daggers. If you take another look, I think that you will see where I don�t always rely on what people were told, or believe. But instead had to rely on my experience and instincts. Versus accepting what I was being told was correct at face value (by more than a few people).� That they still have their opinions is also fine with me. And I can respect them, and the valuable service they have given to the collecting community. �But that doesn't mean that I have to agree with them, and nothing has ever been brought forward to dispute my eventual findings. And I am not saying that they are equal, as one group (IMO) was clearly modified to deceive.

There have been threads where my original opinion was wrong.�And (as near as I can remember) I have publicly acknowledged when 'game changer' evidence has been presented. Learning something new, and incorporating it into the knowledge/tools I use to look at things.�

I�ve been collecting a fairly broad spectrum of German militaria for a long time.� And I have seen a lot of good items, but I�ve also seen a lot of fakes and postwar altered items (especially when compared to some other areas where I have an interest).� And while I can� respect the opinions and testimonies of others.� I�m going to have to continue following my own internal compass. And respectfully disagree until some 'game changer' actual proof of the matter to the contrary comes forward.

With my Best Regards to All,� Fred