Fred you're way better at this debating stuff than me. Shoot man, I'm not good a writing and I'm well over my quota the last couple days.
Big Grin
What Ron said,
"I'm still looking for the M33 Dagger from the 35 to 37 period (when there MIGHT have been left over early SA Gau Marked Crossguards) with the Gau markings so as to use up such existing stock.
WE KNOW that Eickhorn used left over Rohm SS Blades by factory grinding them and marking them with RZM and still see the early double oval Eickhorn TM (I have bought these from vets and there are pictures of this type in Wittmann's SS work), so where are the Gau marked crossguards on this type dagger???"

That is a real good question and I do not know the answer to it. So what? I don't understand my wife either and trust me she is still authentic!! Big Grin
Actually I do know what happened: All the crossguards were laying in a crate kicking around the Eickhorn Factory for months and months and one day an order came in for chained SS daggers. They had all the parts to put the order together but inconvieniently the British happened to do a raid the day before and the crossguard order is sitting at the bottom of the Rhine. So Heinz the production foreman came down and told the assemblers to use up the old crossguards. They whined and moaned about, "How everything around here is going to hell" and "it's not like it was in the old days". But Heinz got his way and the order was filled.

Yes, I'm being a bit sarcastic but Fred you worked in industry just like me for years and stuff like this happens.

As far as fitting the throat, I wasn't there but I have worked with tooling engineers designing tooling and the "old school" preCNC guys were geniuses. My guess is they had a flexible press at that work station not jigs.