Mikee,

I gotta agree, three hundred years of practice is a tough act to follow!

That's a lovely bell you have there, one has to enjoy these delicate objects that survived this long without damage. They'll be even better a hundred years from now ... hopefully someone who likes them as much as we do will end up with our goodies? heh... grin

I got an answer from the Meissen Company concerning the animal masks. Even though we're out of luck in regards to getting one, we might get lucky and find one someday, eh? wink

Dear Bill Warda,

Thank you for your interest in Meissen Porcelain and your kind inquiry.

Your German is very good.

The price of the �tiger mask� (order number: 949984-86004) was 4153,78 � (without VAT); 4943,00 � (VAT incl.).

Unfortunately, the mask was limited to 25 pieces and is out of stock.

If you have further question, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Yours sincerely,

Doris Wagner
Customer service

Limitierte Kunstwerke | Architektur&Interieur | Schmuck&Accessoires

A bit out of my price range. grin

Also wanted to share this unusual character beer stein that I recently purchased. It's a Rastal copy of a rare Schierholz stein listed in one of their early 20th century catalogs. It surprised me to learn that Rastal was never a porcelain-producing firm, although, they did contract top-quality producers to manufacture their line of products. Even as a reproduction this funny Rehbock isn't seen very often on the stein market. A good size at about eleven inches tall and the quality of the paste is very satisfactory. Hope you might enjoy this clever little sculpture.

Best!

Bill

Reh-Stein1sm.jpg (38.97 KB, 89 downloads)
Last edited by WWII; 08/30/2011 11:14 PM.