Mikee,

Thanks for always taking time to add that 'extra-pinch' of firsthand knowledge to our additions, it really rounds out the flavor of the great images we get to share.

Y'all remember looking at and discussing Max Esser's work throughout this little compilation, right? Well, even though I don't own the following pieces, I sure wouldn't mind ...

Over the past several months I've been checking out Herr Esser's career and studying whatever photographic details of his animals that I could find. I've tucked away a few noteworthy images of his work that I think you'll all enjoy. One photo that I couldn't recover is of the artist in his atelier, surrounded by taxidermed animals, anatomical references, drawings, paintings, interspersed with several completed and also 'in-progress' works and studies. Naturally, his faithful German Shepherd companion laying at his feet while he works on an impressive animal sculpture.

First, a perched rooster and then a male peacock, both with their loving hens at their feet. Then, a pair of large wall-masks made of B�ttger Steinzeug. A fearsome looking male baboon bearing his fangs and a fantastic tiger giving us the evil-eye ... a little something for a rainy day as we wait for Irene to arrive, heh.

Best!

B~

maxesserhahnsm.jpg (38.4 KB, 67 downloads)
maxesserpfausm.jpg (33.12 KB, 67 downloads)