quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Weinand:
Bernie: If this were all true and we know they continued to produce M33 SS Daggers, where are all the M33 Daggers with SA marked crossguards? I don't ever recall seeing any of these M33s.

So far, the Gau marked M36 SS daggers are blamed on vets and their families mismatching scabbards and/or unscrupulous people changing crossguards.

If that is the case, why indeed do we not find M33 daggers with Gau marked crossguards. Did vets and their families only do this to M36 daggers?

And why don't we find NPEA daggers with Gau marked crossguards? Surely the vets and their families would have done the same to them if this was, in fact, the case.

quote:
You really don't think the manufactures would only use SA Gau marked crossguards on M36 Daggers do you?

Why not? Dagger manufacturers were business men. Party affiliations were cultivated to secure contracts which in turn made them money. They would have done the same if the communists had come to power.

And if they were not produced at the factory this way, how do explain that this mixing of parts and scabbards by vets and their families is relegated only to M36 SS daggers?

To me the answer is simple: it was a manufacturing process at the factory. They were produced this way during the Third Reich.

Otherwise how do you explain the absence of same on M33 and NPEA daggers?

"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow"
-Cross of Iron