Thanks for your comment. Nice to know that you have never seen a fake of these. I'm not a dagger guy and don't know much about them generally. They are kind of a by catch for me. I am just repeating what I saw on Johnson's web sight. I wonder how Anthony Carter came to this conclusion? I guess we will never know? Doug

Luftwaffe Forestry "Waffen-Loesche" Bayonet w/Frog. Ch.A.W., (Chromolit-Besteckfabrik, Arthur Wingen, Solingen) TM. As stated on page 91 of The Sword and Knife Makers of Germany 1850-2000 by the late Anthony Carter, "Staghorn gripped knives were produced marked Ch.A.W. on one side, and Waffen-Loesche Berlin (qv), the distributor, on the reverse. These knives are said to have been worn by Luftwaffe NCO's seconded to forestry duties". A photograph and description of this pattern bayonet appear on pages 176 & 177 of Seitengewehr: History of the German Bayonet 1919-1945 by George T. Wheeler. Polished steel hilt, spine and flat, oval crossguard show virtually no surface wear and no damage. Medium brown stag grip plates are perfect with no cracks or chips and are retained by three nickel slotted screw bolts. Polished steel blade measuring 20cm in length grades Near MINT showing only faint runner marks with no lifting, graying, nicks or damage. Reverse ricasso is distributor stamped, "Waffen-Loesche, Berlin" and is complete with dark brown leather blade buffer pad. The obverse ricasso is stamped with the number "41" above the trademark and the spine of the blade stamped with the letter "H". Dent-free steel scabbard retains approximately 98% of the original black enamel showing minor surface speckling, primarily to the reverse, with a small spot of wear to the lower obverse/reverse and to the lower ball. Bayonet is complete with brown leather, double-stitched frog in EX++ condition. Superb bayonet with only minor wear to the scabbard. EX++/Near MINT (25712) $1,250. SOLD

Originally Posted By: Houston Coates
I have never seen a fake of this piece. They are not all marked the same. I have never seen a WKC-just one Eickhorn-and no other maker except for WL/chaw. Also there is no proof they have anything to do with the Luftwaffe.