Mark: Great post. By way of background, there is a history of back and forth surrounding NSKK daggers here on GDC. It's probably why someone sent me the original photos I got of this dagger, and why subsequently, I received a PDF advertisement for its sale. Someone obviously wanted entertainment here on GDC, and they won't get it. What they should get (as should we all) is healthy debate about this unique and interesting dagger. As I said from the very beginning, I think the dagger has hope, but would want a lot of things explained before I gave it my endorsement. The most problematic for me is the lack of design on the reverse of the pommel. To a lesser but equally important degree, I would like to know about the uneven key-design on the scabbard tip (the other similar dagger has a very even key-design feature). Other problems include the apparently uneven age to the piece, and other issues that have been raised above. I think it's good that Fred is now willing to share more details. He says that it's been around since 1947: can you give us more information?

Last edited by Craig Gottlieb; 08/14/2011 05:11 PM.

Craig Gottlieb
Founder, German Daggers Dot Com
www.cgmauctions.com