Joe HI!!!! I love your smiley!!! Ahum, anyways, supernice pin that, surely! Did you buy it?? DHV was connected to Gesamtverband deutscher Angestelltengewerkschaften, just like RDGF (Reichsverband Deutscher Guts und Forstbeamten) and that has not so much to do with DHV obvioulsy, but indirectly maybe, and, it has the awesomest pin ever, look!

I saw some DHV things, since this pin was posted here, and, if you wanna dig into this, you can find much nice info here (look at that wicked cover! click while its still up!!) and here (also nicecover!).

I found some pin-types lately, maybe anyone wants to see? None of those are mine, but, here goes;

So, DHV, a Trade Union that represented the social and economic interests of workers. Founded in 1893 in Hamburg, named "Deutscher Handlungsgehülfen-Verband" but was renamed to "Deutschnationaler Handlungsgehilfen-Verband", in January 1896. Women and jews were not allowed to join the DHV! One of the goals of DHV was to reduce women's work!! In 1930 DHV had more than 400000 members. And ofcourse, after 1933, Hitler abolished\forbid DHV, and later also NSBO in 1935 and DAF was the only organisation for workers left. Interesting, no?

Bye,
KR

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.