Originally Posted By: WWII

Don, are you working on a publication? If so you can count me in too.

Best!

Bill

Thank you Gentlemen.

Yes that is my dream, whether it will actually happen we shall have to see. I still have many badges & information to find, & then the professional transaltion to pay for etc....

I envisage two volumes at the moment. The first concentrating soley on the Landesschießen held in Innsbruck between 1938-1944, showing obverse & reverse of all the various badges in all of the grades grades, along with attachment & manufacture variations etc. Plus information on the actual shoots etc

The second volume would be for the Tiroler Kreisschießen for the same period. I plan to also include in it the other miscellaneous Austrian shooting badges such as the WHW Tiroler Opfer-Schießen badges, badges from Gau Kärnten, Gau Völkermakt, Spittal a/d Drau, Ferlach & Salzberg etc. I am also hopefull of being able to include those from the NSKK Gau Oberdonu as well but that may be too opetermistic as the others are difficult enough to find anything about in the first place & next to nothing seems to be known about the NSKK shoots (assuming that the badges are genuine).

So there you have it, whether I shall succeed is another thing....

Cheers
Don

Last edited by Don Scowen; 07/18/2011 12:17 PM.

"Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it"

Galadriel, LotR.