I am very very happy indeed with the service and the daggers I got from Lakeside Trader, and that was never the issue being discussed here as I had already established that he is a very credible and honest dealer. Out of interest and in an attempt to resolve the debate which has occured here (with regards to a M-36 with solid nickel-silver fittings throughout including a type II chain with a blued/ anodized scabbard), I spoke to both Tom Wittmann and Tom Johnson. Both stated very clearly that daggers were produced with the configuration seen here.

Infact if you look at the chained SS daggers currently on Johnson's site, in the description of four of those daggers he includes the following quote; " As stated on pages 28 - 31 of Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich, Volume V, 1936 Chained SS daggers produced during the 1936-1937 period can be found with a combination of nickel-silver & plated fittings, anodized & painted scabbards, and Type I & Type II chain hangers. This example exhibits some of the above variations".