ok time for me to chime in we are talking human doing a job in the 30s with out the benfit of a computer .These etch wax plates were hand made by people now if you look at anything that is hand made left look at cheap china pottery on a shelf the same design on any two pieces is close but not exact.I am sorry but no two human can do the same thing with out some given diffrence and if you think the same person sat there and did a couple thousand etch in the short time frame they had to get these out the door you are mistaken.Now on to the grip as sullpy runs short manfactures run out to look for other products you can't supply me enough or I can't make enough yeah i'll buy a couple hundred from who ever just to get them out the door once again the human factor plays in even on todays tools it is very hard to hold tolarnce on any given product in mass on a short time.I disagree with the whole thread This will put me in the line of fire but I think we have thumb down alot of daggers and did not take in the human factor.Today with cnc machine and high end computers there is still a factor of reject products on any given product.I guess maybe that would make them fakes. Sorry guys i don't agree. But what i know my two cents