well it is a hobby but also a hobby that some of us have made some pretty good money in so how do you classify that is it a hobby or an investment.Lets look at just a simple sa that not to long ago i bought for less than 200. now that same dagger can sell for 600. so is that a hobby i look in the safe i don't see a collection i see an x amount of cash. I do love the art of collect and sell.But in the end we all do it for the money if not than i do not feel you are very honest to yourself.I think if you got lets say a nice boker ss that you bought for lets say 3000. Now you can sell it for 4000 to purchase the diffrence for lets say a himmler would you do it not saying you will find one for that.Is that an investment or collecting .Have any one out there sold anything for a loss or does everyone have everything that they ever bought.i never did a loss unless i got burned in which case i still have.
Dave; I do not know the dealers as such you do so my point is my aspect of view but you must admit they are not selling like they did .View in case invintory sitting month after month .any one in business will tell you anything does not sell makes them nervous and they start to think what can i do to move this item.