There is no shortage of militaria and supply far exceeds the demand for it. The prices doubled in about 5 years from when I started collecting and I said at the time that it was not sustainable. The dealer`s are marking stuff up far beyond it`s true value but they are not by any means the only ones.

For months I have been looking for a nice tunic at what I believe is a fair price. I usually look at the WAF uniform section on a daily basis. Take a look for yourself and you will see that collectors wanting to sell to fellows are asking the most extraordinary prices for what in my opinion for the most part is tat. Tatty moth nibbled junk that I wouldn`t even want to have in my collection at any price.

One guy had a tunic I was mildly interested because of the condition. (not really the rank or branch that I was after but nice). I waited for him to lower his price again. He did not & nobody bought it. The topic expired and got deleted so I contacted him. Guess what? He put the price up above what he had advertised it at! Ha Ha!

They really are as mad as balloons!

I have bought very little in the last couple of years, not because of a waning interest but quite simply because I will not pay more for something than I believe it is worth.

In this I do not believe I am alone.

Helmet`s? don`t even go there! Mad, quite mad!

Last edited by Landser; 06/11/2011 05:03 PM.

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.