Well, I guess i'll chime in on this one. Im turning 41 on the 30th. And I would like to think myself as a young collecter(about 5 years)I just joined this forum a couple months ago. Haven't got to "serious" untell about a year ago. I looked around the enternet awhile tell I found this forum. Liked it so much I joined and I come on everyday to read new things. Emailed Mike and he sent me a MCSARR, the guy signed it to me and everthing! For a new collecter that is a big boost. I think you are on the right track as to the economy being part of it. I was finding it had to get a deal on daggers so I deceided to go a different route. I started buying parts (I know some would look down on parts daggers) I would study on what grips went with what croosgaurds and with what blades. You collect a large amount of items but I like the results. I don't do it to resell it's for my personal collection. I have learned so much more coming to the site that I would hate to see it go. I'm am know getting to a better situation that im starting to look at up grading to more premium daggers for my collection. I find it hard where I live (northwest) a little lacking in german II relics. So alittle hard to get a good amount of items to compare. But I keep looking, so for you "old timers" out there just to let you know that the hobby isnt dead yet it burns deep in my soul.(everyday,just ask my girlfiend LOL)