Just to bring something to the table that isn`t a question of originality I thought I would share these two.

Both these Hollers are bestowed with the initial production x guard. They are practically identical with the exception of the grip type and the detailing & enhancement to the pommel`s that were almost certainly done at different benches.

Both have the same scabbards and although my pictures leave a lot to be desired compared to other members, take it from me that the patterning is the same. One dagger has of course patinated considerably more than the other changing the appearance somewhat. Whilst not obvious at any distance both have a lot of hand detail in the fittings & the feathering of the wings especially prominent in macro.

One other interesting attribute (to me anyway) is that both have brass scabbards shells, & rings. I have only two other initial production heer daggers with brass scabbards. one being the very earliest Eickhorn and the other a WKC.

It would seem to suggest that both grip types were available very early in the period.

1.JPG (62.9 KB, 220 downloads)
2.JPG (74.97 KB, 221 downloads)
3.JPG (68.65 KB, 221 downloads)
4.JPG (69.13 KB, 221 downloads)
5.JPG (60.34 KB, 220 downloads)
Last edited by Landser; 06/10/2011 09:07 PM.

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.