I owned this etch for a short while last year.

Originally from Paul Hogle, it is a long blade, single etched, spanner riveted item with the large Siegfried TM.

It also exhibits no markings on the fuselage, like my double etched C31. It is dedicated to Fliegerhorst Stade.

Now Wayne does show a Fliegerhorst Stade etch in his book on page 60, but that one is an Eickhorn etch. In fact, until I got this one, I didn't even know that Pack made this particular etch.

What happened with this one is that when I showed it to some friends (most of them here on GDC), I immediately got offers to move it. It turns out that the offers all came from one source, a big time collector, who absolutely wanted to have this pattern to complete a small grouping that he was working on. As an avid, some may say obsessive, collector, I know what it is like to be very close to completing a grouping and how important that is. And, since Packs are my second most favourite maker (I like Eick), I gave in and exchanged this item for a rare Eick etch, and a whole lot of good karma, I hope.

So, while no longer on the JohnZ wall, it was for a short while and it was pretty neat, you betcha!

John

Obverse.JPG (41.17 KB, 275 downloads)
Reverse.JPG (41.71 KB, 275 downloads)
Obverse Grip.JPG (39.7 KB, 274 downloads)
Reverse Grip.JPG (39.2 KB, 274 downloads)
TM.JPG (40.32 KB, 274 downloads)
Etch.JPG (39.82 KB, 272 downloads)
Etch Front.JPG (39.19 KB, 272 downloads)
Etch Rear.JPG (40.22 KB, 272 downloads)
MVC-098S.JPG (39.31 KB, 270 downloads)

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.