Originally Posted By: Geoff Ward
I must have done something good somewhere.Its strange how things happen...

Oh my, yes you must have, and yes they surely do happen strangely very very often! But strange can be nice too, like this new helmet?! Supershots! Truly great to see them here!! Surely they both together make a great display, no?! And again with the cover! Very nice!! Thanks again for showing! Fingers crossed for more?

Originally Posted By: Krullies
...you ask things I dont know anything about,..

Over the last some days, I was thinking, about what I do know about flowers, and your question. Well, like I said, I realy don't think the little girls flowers are there to mourn. They are Leucanthemums, I think daisies in english. leukos means "white" and anthemon means "flower", so, for purity, rightness, things Germany believed Germany stands for back then. Also, Edelweiß, told about here.

But, you ask about tradition. Then, maybe you talk about cornflowers? The Kornblum, was THE symbol of Preußen, and Deutschtums, it was the favourite flower of Wilhelm I, or Wilhelm Friedrich Ludwig von Preußen. Actuly sometimes familywise, Asteraceae, also not rightly called daisy. More here.

But, Pickelhauben! I found another great shot! here's Kaiser Wilhelm II with members AND mascot (!) of the Alexander-Garde-Grenadier-Regiment! I love this card! So much to see, and the goat is greatness!! The regiment is also called "Kaiser Alexander Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 1" or "Alexandriner Genadiers" among other namings. That Regiment, is the oldest and most traditional German army (Preußisch to be exact) part. It was formed May 1st 1626 under Georg Wilhelm Brandenburg. When formed it counted 3000 man. The Regiment ended May 9 1945, when the last Regiment Grenadiers capitulated with the fall of the 3rd Reich (Alexandriner Grenadiers 67 "Generaloberst von Seeckt").

Enjoy,
KR

Kaiser_und_Alexander_Garde_1.jpg (119.61 KB, 75 downloads)
Pickelhauben!

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.