Mikee,

Good to hear that all's well ... it sounds like these twerps could use fifteen years hard labor on bread and water rations, in Siberia, that would fix 'em!

Tristan,

I agree it's fun to look back and see what all of us have put together here ... how can you beat this stuff..? ... like a (slightly smaller) Cecille B. DeMille production, it's been a few years in the making ... wink

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly ... a beautiful Amazone and a Prussian officer in white gold, where else can you see K�rner's works and these other fine, 20th century German sculptors all together in one place? grin

Even with the shorter sword your Seydlitz is still an exceptional example. There's just so much for the eye to take in, so many wonderful details to appreciate. Even to those who might not enjoy or collect German militaria or porcelain, anyone with semi-functioning eyes has to sit up and take notice of a fine piece like this. When it comes to realistic, mounted horsemen, I daresay, who even comes close to the old Professor?

Don't get me wrong here, I think I can appreciate good abstract work from time to time, but I much prefer K�rner's photo-realistic approach to sculpting animals and the human figure. But let's not forget, it was the French who drew up the blueprints for naturalistic, small-scale sculpture, nearly a hundred years before anyone ever thought of Porzellan Manufaktur Allach.

For your enjoyment I'll leave you with a neat little bird by K�rner, listed as "Meise." (Pickende) ... this simply translates to, a "tit, picking."

Best!

W~

Meisesm.jpg (42.17 KB, 115 downloads)