Hello all-

I used to be really interested in Totenkopfring der SS, but gave up on ever actually owning one due to the typical price of a piece. So being a wrist watch enthusiast, I started looking at WWII era watches, from all nations. They're much more affordable and are fun to wear. I've since been collecting and restoring US and German WWII watches as a hobby. They usually sell for under $200.00 or so depending on brand and watch type (basic field, chronograph, etc.). I'd like to collect British watches, but they're usually the most expensive to buy at typically $500.00+ for a WWW.

I find it interesting that on the militaria collecting sites that I've visited, many WWII German collectors are either not interested in, or are not aware of German WWII watches. Personally, I think issued watches are one of the coolest militaria pieces that one can find from this era; a piece of history worn on the wrist of a fighting soldier.

One can usually find German issued specimens on Ebay for under $200.00. But as with most German militaria, stay away from Ukranian sales.

Here's a few sites to check out if you're interested. Happy hunting!!

D/DH/DU watches
German Military Watch Forum
German WWII watch intro/info
Military Watch Resource forum