Amigos All,

Happy to see the thread chugging along and as always, a pleasure to read your kind remarks and share in your latest finds.

John Z - that eagle absolutely fascinated me, by far an Art Deco knockout! I could picture it as a large-scale bronze sitting in front of some official Luftwaffe headquarters in downtown-Berlin... Maybe you could have it scaled-up and cast for the front lawn? ... better make that the back-lawn, eh? Either way, I'm glad you like it too. wink

You know the old saying, "when it rains, it pours ..?" .. well, I have a couple small additions to make, too. A decorated German shepherd and a hand-painted, framed tile,
both by Herr Professor Theodor K�rner, for Rosenthal. I'm not sure if all of you have seen any of K�rner's animal drawings and paintings, there are some examples posted earlier in this thread if memory serves..? cool

Every now and then some original sketches and paintings become available through auction houses, etc. The point being the old boy could paint as well as he could sculpt ... how talanted can you get? I don't think Paul Casberg ever sculpted anything? Anyone know anything about that..? Would love to hear from some Casberg fans out there.

... but for now, your postive or negative comments, evaluations and critiques are always invited. Hopefully you'll get some enjoyment, too!

... and a big 'shoutout' to my chums, mates and peeps out there ... good collecting to everyone! grin

Billy Bob

shepherd3sm.jpg (21.5 KB, 203 downloads)
karnerrehbocksm.jpg (54.03 KB, 203 downloads)