Originally Posted By: jim m
..What was the original use of the small wooden box with drawers located behind the camera? ..

Hi Jim!

If there's gonna be an off-topic-yell we'll share the pain The little cabinet, yes, its very lovely! I love it to bits, it displays awesomely! Its very old, but thats eazy to spot. What it was for? I truly couldnt tell, but I can now. Yes it had metal little plates on the drawers. There still are 3 of those plates, inside a drawer of the cabinet. I'm never looking there, it has all sorts of personal stuff inside I maybe can't just stick my nose in? But I asked, and there were the plates, and they say, in Dutch, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Saffron, written by hand with a tiny paintbrush and paint I think, in such beautiful letters, its art. Very pretty! But the others are missing and my aunt took the remaining 3 off. So, was used for spices! Been for some generations in her family, a lucky survivor somehow. So now you know. I don't know anything about cabinets or woods, but I can check anything you want to know about it, if you're into cabinets? Thanks, for the compliment on the shots .. somehow I'm not very convinced myself, something wrong, but it all suddenly went fast with taking pics for the Brownie-collection-site, and I didnt want it to be there on show and not here! But Im still so stoked with the KdF-Kodak-Box very much, nothing ever looks good for it *LOL*

Originally Posted By: derjager
K, that would be quite interesting for you if it had undeveloped period shots. Here is another link to a site on Brownies... I would imagine the carrying cases are not often found anymore..

Hey Joe! Thanks for the Brownie-site-link! That too is a great site, when I contacted the dutch collector I didnt look at this one no more, but great to have both links here! I'm told film is scarce, but you can take a new film and roll it onto an old spindle? If you can find a spindle of an original film. Well, at least the spindle we surely have here, in the cam! And YES, if the film is used, oh my, the shots go on show here, and you surely are the very first to know! And the case, youre right about that! The original cardboard boxes are very collectable, but also these carry cases are very collectable. It looks �bernice, all purple velvet inside. And ofcourse .. a superlooking KdF-Sonnenrad!

Bye,
KR

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.