Hi Denny,

I like what you posted very much, and I hope you dont feel you got offtopic in any way? Your gun showed me something completely new KdF! And, I promise, Im not at all done with that soon! Already found something that has to do with your question, but, I need to do more homework. Also, I think, I may need to join up some shootingclub some future time, people need a permit here, for Kleinkaliber/Zimmergewehr even. Still, thats OK, Im not into that shooting thing, but, Kleinkaliber with KdF-marked gun, that might do it for me Still, I dunno, there seem to be some KdF-guns goin'round, but, I doubt I ever will hold one up close, not even shooting it, just see it for real. But who knows! And your pouche, by Salamander, also very at home here! In fact, I'd like very much to add something too, completely new to me, I found out about just before you posted your gun. Not long ago, I introduced it already here. But surely it deserves some proper attention right here. Also something to shoot ...

I learned I like photography. If you look here, you can search for "onboard camera with original leather case" on that page. Its a Zeiss Ikon camera, with all the KdF-markings to look very nice to me. Suddenly some time back I noticed another camera with those markings! But, it seemed to avoid me, it moved from auctionsite to sellingsite, never stayed long anywhere, but Google cache made it possible to trace the seller on some German auction thing, the camera disapeared from there already too. The camera was long sold, and the seller couldnt tell much about it. Some time later, by some luck, the seller mailed that the buyer never payed, so, it took some trouble and luck, but ...here it is! From Germany, a very friendly lady-seller put it up a box, together with a very lovely very old little Steiff teddy she had for sale.

When it arrived, it looked very bad and dirty, probably had been on an attic forgotten about for 70 years, and, I didnt know anything about it. The camera tells its a Kodak Box 620, so, that was a start. It seemed, these cameras have a nickname; Brownie Box. Some very friendly Brownie Box collector from Holland was very willing to help, he gave cleaning advise, and directions to open it, and he also has a site telling so very much about these cameras! Something new to look into, awesome! The collector never saw any of these either, so, by now, you can see this very camera proudly introduced here, and in detail here. If you wanna know a bit about these cameras, or, if you like pretty old cameras, go have a look at that site. This KdF-Kamera is only in the Dutch section still, but there is so much to learn about these!

This camera, is made in Stuttgart by the company named Kodak AG Dr. Nagel AG., and I think you'll find much info about Nagel on that Brownie-site very soon, so, check back there if you're intrested. The camera was produced from 1936 to about 1937, and has a Meniscus-lense. It would be truly awesome to shoot a WWII-time Volkswagen Käfer with it, no? And I do think, I may end up playing at Rügen with it someday, but, Im advised to buy a cheapo Brownie for that, and to leave this one safe and quiet on the shelve between some nice KdF-things. I 'll find out if it still works tho, that I wanna know about. Maybe even find a roll of film for it, to show next to. But Im still trying to open it. Its supposed to be eazy, but, Im affraid Im gonna hurt the camera, so, Im probably using too little force?

I had a bit of a hunge about it, and, so far, its true; this is truly unique, this camera! Who knows how many got made, these probably werent even expensive, Brownies sold for $1.25 sometime around 1905 in America, but, now, how many are there still with the KdF-markings? Were these sold, like the Robert Ley Kamera, on holidays, or trips? Or were these used to make KdF-promotional photoshoots, by KdF-photografers? Maybe used for photography-courses by KdF? Will surely keep looking for anymore info anywhere! I really think this is a very fun item, Im enjoying this so much! Never ever saw this anywhere else. This and Dennys gun, 2 awesome KdF-things I never knew existed. Hope you enjoy it as well, at least a bit.

Bye,
KR

KdF-Kamera_1.jpg (116.56 KB, 154 downloads)
KdF-Kamera_2.jpg (121.11 KB, 156 downloads)
KdF-Kamera_3.jpg (122.03 KB, 154 downloads)
KdF-Kamera_4.jpg (122.02 KB, 152 downloads)
KdF-Kamera_5.jpg (121.08 KB, 154 downloads)
Last edited by Krullies; 03/15/2011 10:28 PM. Reason: title

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.