Originally Posted By: Krullies

Originally Posted By: Denny Gaither
..the most informative ..

I made a little Google and found this, maybe your gun now? Very very jealousy-inspiring your gun Denny, reckon its totallly impossible to find another! Enjoy it very much but you surely will. There is a pelletgun here, and I shot it a few times, but, too many birds and bunnies and others around and I dont want to hurt any of these. Still, your gun, very very epic! Does it shoot still? Do you shoot it?

(Hello Karin,
Thank you for your kind words regarding my only KdF item. To answer a few of your questions - The rifle you discovered on the internet is not mine. Please notice the inscription on the receiver bridge says "B�scher Sportmodell, N�rnberg". I have seen a few of these KdF rifles with this marking. I have seen only two with the "Kraft durch Freude" marking as mine is. I have owned this rifle since 1969.
Yes, it does shoot, but I have only test fired it nearly 40 years ago. I deeply agree with you about the "birds and bunnies". I am a collector; not a hunter!)

William SIR I dont understand caliber, but, the gun here so not Dennys �bergewehr is a standard 4.5mm, and thats like a .177, I have the box of little pellets here tell me this *LOL* But its an old gun, and Im told pimped, or upgraded in shootingforce, whatever thats called? It goes further/harder then it did originally. The pellets are not ~~quite~~ that 4.5 size, but a bit bigger? So these are unstandard 4.52, which, well, obviously exist, you can buy these, and the standard 4.5 pallets just fall thru the barrel, too little. But the gun over at the link above is 4mm too, you maybe need to make your own pellets? Or make them smaller? But, Dennys gun, looks like a real gun, not a pelletgun, like the one here? The pellets look like real bullets?

(My rifle is not an air/pellet gun, and the 4mm cartridges I have shown, DO have gunpowder in them.)
Originally Posted By: Denny Gaither
.. Bill, I've even learned a bit more about the Salamander Shoe Company on pages 4 & 5 of this thread..

Ha ha, YES, no! Not offtopic at all! And if it is, never anything new without a bit offtopicing, no? Its great to see these! Great you found out about it, Salamander Schuhfabriken marking, nice, epic to see things fall in bigger pictures! is 1915 the year, or the model?

(1915 is the year of manufacture for the pouch)
Thank you,
KR

Karin, thanks again for your interesting & informative thread!

Last edited by Denny Gaither; 03/11/2011 06:08 PM.

WANTED TO REPURCHASE!! Walther pistol Model PP - ac code - Ser. No. 382000P - REWARD FOR INFO ABOUT THIS PISTOL!!