THAT is giantly HUGE Paul, almost as big as me Can you hang that somewhere? OH, is there a lable on it? Sometimes flags have those? Anyhow, dont have the "cool KdF thing" yet ofcourse, but, this 1s for you and posting your awesome flag ...

Hooking into the maker Sieper and Friedrich (post above), "they" were expreimenting lots with plastiks/chemicals and stuff. Reckon lots was tested during war, and lots we still use today. Take this gorgeous Abzeichen! Also KdF, super design! Very proud pin. I saw this also in blue? So, possibly this comes in other colours too, or with only the light colour painted and not the black. This one black'ish and silverish white painted up front, (see the close-up pic #2), blue (unpainted) at the back.

Anyhow, a very nice plastik pin, by the maker Walgo, a plastiks/chemicals company in Kierspe, a city in Nordrhein Westfalen. The company stil exists today, doing the same thing as back then; Kunststoffverarbeitung. Ha! Fun thing is, theres 3 Walgos in the RZM Liste; M1/175 (M1 for NSDAP Abzeichen), M5/189 (for uniform acesoires) and M9/20 (M9 for Tagungsabzeichen). Same company, maybe 2 locations? The 2 Walgos have diffring abreviations after the name, the first "Kom-Ges." and the other 2 "Inh. Goseberg". Inh. may mean owner? From Inhaber?

The company website is up, and the city, you can visit on the web here. The lion of the city coat of arms is used in the pin very nice I think. The maker at the back, clearly. "BHF" problaby means Bahnhof. Kierspe Bahnhof (means "trainstation") is a Stadtteil.

Gau Kurhessen, Leitung in city Kassel. Gau formed in 1925. In 1927, the Gau was split up, in Gau Hessen, Gau Hessen-Nassau Nord and Gau Hessen-Nassau S�d. In 1934, another reform, Gau Hessen-Nassau Nord renamed to Gau Kurhessen. This Gau Kurhessen had 2 Gauleiter; Karl Weinrich from 1934 to 1943, and Karl Gerland from 1943 to end of war.

Enjoy,
KR

KdF_Kurhessen_1b.jpg (120.86 KB, 125 downloads)
front
KdF_Kurhessen_2b.jpg (106.46 KB, 125 downloads)
closeup
KdF_Kurhessen_3b.jpg (106.23 KB, 124 downloads)
back
Last edited by Krullies; 01/25/2011 08:21 PM.

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.