Today I have had a third "confirmation" that at the end of Aktion Erntefest on 3/11/1943 it was Erwin Kuther who was the elderley SD officer from Lublin (Poland) who organised the clear up operation at Majdanek concentration camp.As I have mentioned before this eyewitness (Oberscharfuhrer Erich Mussfeldt) said that an "SD functionary from Lublin", who he did not name in his statement, was there to oversee the clear up, the fine details being the removal of jewels & gold teeth as well as the complete cremation of the 17,000 or so bodies lying in the pits, which were then filled with earth & leveled off.This task took till Christmas 1943 to complete.An officer would have been used to organise such a large & lengthy task & the SD from Lublin did organise this whole operation & Kuther was posted there throughout this period.But on the other hand Kuther has not been named as this man nor did this eyewitness describe him as being elderly, just that he was an SD functionary from Lublin.I very much doubt if there will be any concrete evidence to say who did what, so I think it is best not to speculate & so I will ignore anymore so called "confirmations" from now on.