Hi Joe!

Thanks much for showing your skullie! I think, I know that one, and it looks like the skullie with the hollow bones, yes? Your skullies eyes are a wee bit smaller .. And your right! The solid boned skullie, also the bones are linked, and the inside is weird green, some coppery greened but its not copper. So that, and the prongs, feel less bendable, when I try to slightly bend them. The frontside looks very like the other tho, but I dont know what to look for? But hey you think the funny grin skullie/ service issued is OK then? That would be great! I like that one, they seem to be hard to find? Oh and someone told me, zink for that Totenk�pfchen, would never be possible? Cause zink was only used in 3rd Reich/WWII for cheapo metal. But these Braunschweig Hussars, they were also active that time! For anyone that doubts it, the attached picture. Its rrrrrealy hard to tell, but, theres Totenk�pfen on their headwear! The pic in hand shows this very well, and the scan at least tries to. The back tells "Ferien in Hochland 1933" (Holiday in Hochfeld). Hochfeld, city in Duisburg Germany, some 300 kilometres away? But they are Totenkopf Husaren right there! And I think Braunschweiger, the Totenkopf is not as big as the Preu�en Husaren have on the busby. I wouldnt know if 1933 is correct, but, no reason to doubt, and look at the swastika flag beneath the big 3 striped flag from the house? Awesome shot no? Little Leibhusaren and Braunschweiger skull were seen in the German army, on the Schirmm�tze. So I think new skullies would be made from cheap metals during WWII. Anyhow Thanks Joe for your infos! Please anyone, anything on the skulls?

Bye,
KR

Husaren.jpg (115.29 KB, 162 downloads)
Braunschweiger Husaren in Hochfeld 1933

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.