First i dont believe the grips are camp made, there is no evidence of this, mainly the cof pieces, same as the other WKC piece, have origin grips that should be for this time of producing not matched!
You dont answered about the 9719 assembly number?
the piece should be marked on other parts tang, flashguard, as the numbers important by renumbering by new finish by overall rework. When we assume hypoteticaly that the piece was reworked, so the finish was done, the parts were not numbered like lock nut and flashguard how You could made it together? The acountability number has no reason to be under grips.
You have many grips reported already date stamped but only with SS runes and no acountability number? why? the pieces are not matching then.a WKC with 1941 dated grips is not to confirm as real of this piece because there is no number on grips.It could be grips from other piece, as they are because the WKC was made 1943.
For me this have only one reason the dated grips are problematic, because there is always a DH or a SS runes but assembly or "acountability " numbers not always!! Why? Because link the piece with SS. There are many WKC blankos reported to this time from various members to this time, no one have a similar marking, its not little suspicious for You? I assume as a well known member of SS collecting community that are You already, You could be a target of SS fakers.Certainly You have there a very nice real pieces, but unfortunally some problematic too. Same as certainly some faked.

Last edited by AndyB; 12/14/2010 10:08 PM.