Thanks for FP for make a brighter the picture, i believe the 1237 is origin blueing on blade, is very important to make a good picture of them to made a exact opinion. Firstly Richard You dont know how the bayonets were marked by assembling, thats the reason why we could estimate the maker without see the area of ricasso or scabbard where are the maker remains marking. Same as You dont know how were parts serialed by the makers, the bayonets were marked by the maker not by SS or Army, so majority of markings were made by maker, where was only difference by the commerzial name or the codes accepted by Army.
We know already the pieces were made by Eickhorn,so why is the 1236 remashined on blade i dont know, the finish on handle looks like dull, but maybe it should be cleaned and oiled and take photo by sunlight. The Dh on grips are for me fakes,same as 45 dates.The grips should be probably not serialed. I believe both pieces are normal Eickhorn 1943/4 blankos.As mentioned earlier You should compare it with pieces pictured by FP or Denny on the Eickhorn thread.
Thats there are some DH stamped or engraved it doesnt mean it was made by SS, thats the wrong opinion that You are presented from beginn, the bayonets were made only by bayonets producers.

Last edited by AndyB; 12/14/2010 08:43 AM.