Andy,

I do not agree with any of your statements that you made concerning the 45 dated SS bayonets. These bayonets along with a rifle were returned by PFC DUNN in 1945 as stated on the capture papers. You are making comparissons of finishes based upon no knowledge of what the SS rework specificatins were. You are quick to state post war finish. You are again making comparrisons of SS Bayonets using only your knowledge of army bayonets which in this case does not work. You have no knowledge and or expertise of SS Bayonets. I know you do not have any in your collection because I asked you numerous times and you presented nothing to us.

I purchased these bayonets from the family of PFC Dunn. For you to make the statements that you have made that these bayonets are post war done shows your complete lack of knowledge of this topic of SS Bayonets. You have no knowledge of the SS Property Marks and have no substantiation for the statements that you make.

It was just a short while ago when you had seen 25 SS Nederlands Bayonets with the insignia pinned on the back and you said that mine was post war embelleshed like those that you had seen. However, my bayonet was not like those 25 bayonets you had looked at. You do not even know what the grip insignia looks likeon a Nederlands Bayonet. I asked you to describe the bayonets and you provided nothing.

Your opinions of this postwar embellishment are really something. The idea that GIs would do things to make bayonets more valuable before sending them home in 1945 is really reaching.

If you have been following the posts in this thread, you should have been able to dtermine that SS Property Marks were not readily known about except by some rifle collectors as of about 20 to 25 years ago.

I have nothing against you personally Andy, it is just your shoot from the hip statements backed up by nothing.

Richard K