Thanks for adding the details, the piece is dull blued which i believe is a postwar blueing done or the origin blueing as not so good on the rough mashinihg was coated in a unknown solution?, similar finish was never observed by german items, is too dark and dull. The grips are correct of the piece, unfortunally should be serialed with flahsguard or not serialed et all,i believe the DH and 45 markings are new, the overall mashining spures corespond with the blanko pieces pictured from Denny and Klinge in the Eickhorn thread. The pieces started as normal cof 43 production and was not serialed, i assume a normal commerzial contract. the serial numbers were added later, it should be compared of grips and blades that are made by one dies size. The H letter is so called forging letter and corespond with the date already destined by the mashining and the series letters of scabbards.
9719 or what on tang could be the assembly number of lock nut, that should be visible on protruding part by pressing button.

Last edited by AndyB; 12/13/2010 10:06 PM.