Originally Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP
Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com
FP,

Do you have a frog marked similiary as the frog with the Navy Stamp? If so would you post it.

Originally Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP
.......... For the combat frogs I’ve seen a bunch of fakes, or at best questionable items. But not one that I felt comfortable purchasing. .........

FP,

I could not determine your answer previously. Feeling comfortable and being a legitimate SS marking is like walking the fence. I guess I feel the same way but on the 3 markings VA, RZM, & WBD. As I stated before, I never got an SS Bayonet in a frog with those markings. I talked to several other collectors and they never got an SS Bayonet in a frog with those markings either. Being that no one has actually obtained a bayonet with a frog marked as above does not mean that they are not legitimate SS frogs. For me the frogs need more research.

Richard K
Richard,

As I said earlier, I haven't found one that I was comfortable with as being an original. And if I can summarize the last few comments, they ground off almost all of the markings (how about underneath the flashguard?). And dumped them in a refinishing tank of some kind (I'm still not convinced it's actually a phosphate type finish). And then were left unprotected in the elements/environment.

Best Regards, FP