Originally Posted By: AndyB
"My opinion is that the Single Rune 84/98 Bayonet was assembled at the Styer Works for the SS to go along with SS rifles being supplied as per order of Himmler."
"The SS Double Stamp / Single Rune is on a WKC Blanko Blade. It is my opinion as well as other SS Weapons collectors that WKC also furnished just blades which were then assembled into bayonets at work camps & factories such as Styer.
A factor that has continuously come up during our discussions is that a WKC should have plastic grips. Wooden grips could more easily be fabricated in a Work Camp than plastic grips that require a sosphicated molding machine along with die maintenance. The wooden grips are almost always dated and property stamped
."
- there is no evidence of sending unfinished bayonets from WKC to any camps, the bayonets were finished by the maker who is stamped on blade, same as FP correctly mentioned that plastic grips has no link to producer, as it were chemical firms that produced plastic grips.
In reality about the single rune piece, is the camp was located in Austria, and is named exactly, i believe is described by the new book of Mike Steves and Bruce Karem, the work was only under control of Steyr fabric.
Thanks for adding of additional details of WKC piece with lazy S DH, looks interesting. The accountability number is where stamped on blade? the grips should be serialed to flashguard probably.

I have posted a Styer Factory Guard Helmet. Did the SS provide guards for the attached Slave Labor or did Styer provide their own guards for the Weapons facility? Is that information available?

Richard K