Forum,

I hoped you enjoyed the post of the Guard's Helmet from the Steyer Works along with the SS 84/98 Double Stamp Bayonet/ Single Rune.

My opinion is that the Single Rune 84/98 Bayonet was assembled at the Styer Works for the SS to go along with SS rifles being supplied as per order of Himmler.

The SS Double Stamp / Single Rune is on a WKC Blanko Blade. It is my opinion as well as other SS Weapons collectors that WKC also furnished just blades which were then assembled into bayonets at work camps & factories such as Styer.

A factor that has continuously come up during our discussions is that a WKC should have plastic grips. Wooden grips could more easily be fabricated in a Work Camp than plastic grips that require a sosphicated molding machine along with die maintenance. The wooden grips are almost always dated and property stamped.

The particular double stamped bayonet with single rune has markings in the grips reflecting 1943. This is too much of any possible coincidence.

I have also had posted a picture of a BNZ 43 Single Rune Rifle along with the bayonet that it came with. This rifle was traded to Robert Jensen for a Death Head Luger many years back. The Death Head Luger is one of the two that I had posted along with a Lazy S over TK Death Head. Robert Jensen was a gun writer and collector and he firmily believed that the Death Head Luger was an SS Weapon from the WW11 period.

Richard Kuchta