T,

Nice clean lines to your Bochmann horseman, the proportions are just right. I like the fact that you've chosen to specialize in horses and equine themes, that should keep you busy for many years to come. Have you ever seen Max Esser's Pegasus figure? For me it's as impressive as K�rner's larger horse sculptures, though, in a much different Art Deco style.

Speaking of Esser ... lots of unique and distinctive animals by this artist, mainly from the years 1910 - 1945. He's slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite German Tierbildhauer, (animal-picture hewers) and stands among the true 20th century greats. He also produced some exemplary bronzes for the brownshirts during their brief stay in power. One that immediately comes to mind is a large sculpture of three eagles joined together over a world globe. I believe it was some kind of presentation for the NSFK..? Whatever the case, a thing of beauty.

Not quite as impressive as three eagles in flight is this 6-inch tall owl (Eule or Uhu) that he did for Meissen in the mid-twenties. A bit odd-looking, yes, no doubt. However, if you're familiar with some of these birds I think he's captured their unusual qualities very nicely. Glad to add this one to the aviary ... wink

Best!

B~

uhu4sm.jpg (22.77 KB, 106 downloads)
uhu3sm.jpg (24.39 KB, 106 downloads)
uhu5sm.jpg (26 KB, 106 downloads)