John,

With this new group: The tool kit bayonet needs no other description other than to say that just average ones are exceedingly hard to find. But nice ones like yours take it a lot further up the ladder. And while Naval bayonets are not nearly as rare, they are also not easy to find. And that looks like a very nice Ostsee Naval by Eickhorn - which is even harder.

Yes, you have a serious case of bayonet collectors �sickness�. And the only way to alleviate it is to pass along to other deserving collectors the contagion. grin wink

But if you are just going to keep going down the path of becoming more infected, might I suggest a wood gripped cof 1944 as well? And if you want to, possibly look for another 1941 as I think it should probably have the black Bakelite type of grips.

PS: While I know that it�s sometimes called a �machine gunner tool/knife�. I think it is much more likely that it was made to go along with the new generation of (prototype) German assault rifles like the: Maschinerkarbiner 42(W), and the Maschinerkarbiner 42(H). Which used an intermediate cartridge (7.92x33 �kurz�), and had bayonet lugs, but were not actually "machine guns" in the generally accepted sense.

With my Best Regards, Fred