Originally Posted By: AndyB
I believe we already discussed it 4 years ago, but for the main info that i had my reasons, i believe FP had it already mentioned:
1.You have a bunch of different upgraded Vz.24 bayonets, from untouched czechoslovak condition to total rework of Vz.24 bayonet, so i assume certainly not done in one rework facility, as by reworks You could see from a one source are the reworks made in same manner
2.the all the DH on the pieces have been different in size, in design and all are hand engraved not pantographed
3. the all grips are there pictured are origin no one is a new rework grip
4. majority of them have the identical SS runes stamp
5.majority of the grips have the large date stamping, that is no observed on any german bayonets to this time, i believe already someone had it solved as the fonts are in inch so american size not in metric size.
6. some of the fonts of digits of date are typical postwar fonts, not seen on real german pieces
7.some of the bayonets have there a assembly numbers that has no reason there as no changed grips or some have no rework signs.
8. the 1484 assembly numbers is wrong as mentioned because its a part of czechoslovak stamping
9. A Sg24(t)made in Povazska Bystrica has already all the marking from production of reworked so no need anything stamp inside of grips.
From this all moments, and from other 200 german reworked bayonets that i personally observed and many of them dissasembled and have about 50 Vz.24 bayonets in my collection i could say that this marking is not real.It were done to prepare a SS pieces.
Here a picture of a Vz.24 reworked by germans, no any stamps on grips, the slot of cleaning rod was full of rest of insects.

Andy,

I do not remember discussing and or posting during this discussion the items that you are talking about above.

Please post some of your SS VZ-24 Bayonets so that we can make comparissons as to what you are talking about above. I can probably get pictures tomorrow. Please post for discussion.

Richard K