Originally Posted By: AndyB
"The LAH Band also wore the white frogs. I do not know if they were members of the same regiment that you stated. I have pictures of them wearing the 98/05 white frogs."
Hello Richard, firstly about the LAH band i believe it was a part of LAH Regiment, so when needed they play by visits and similar, so probably mostly in Berlin by the presentation and Guard unit. After changing to Division i dont know what for part they was? maybe still of Regiment Nr.1,there is one article in Mollo about the LAH.
"SS Collectors really have not even seen LAH stamped and or engraved into anything." this is unfortunally not right, there exist white frogs with origin LAH proof, we know minimum about 2 pcs, both are early pre war period. there is no DH stamp. The timeline prior 1939 is important as the DH is not a overall property stamp of SS.
-the piece when reworked it could have certainly some of the marking, but as mentioned to sample WKC late war have a wood grips with 1941 i dont believe this is a real possibility of rework. Same as You mentioned matching WaA883 pieces of grips on this 10160e bayonet, without seeing it, is hard to say about a reworking. You mentioned a nice condition, so probably in origin condition still.
As mentione earlier i dont like the property marks inside of grip, as they are not visible and have no reason.
WaA623 is of Steyr production, i believe the part of production were realised in Mauthausen, so some rifles could have the camp production mixed with work? These rifles were made in other period as the Gew.98 reworks,so its new production of K98k, it couldnt be mixed, same as the property stamps on SG98/05 are there from early 30ies and the sniper rifle is what date?
best regards,Andy

Andy,
There are some very good pictures of my guns in Senich's The German Sniper.The TK and runes were used on the Ajack short side rail elevation adjustment base. This SS Marking was used from the 30s thru till the end of the war.

Richard Kuchta