Originally Posted By: AndyB
About the 10170e You must not believe, for us speaks the dbase samples, there is no mentioning of SS stamps on other samples, the piece is well known 41crs piece with missing maker stamp, partly on bayonet and scabbard.
To Your last piece, WKC is certainly a commerzial bayonet, the grips should be plastic, as seen on many bayonets of this producer and middle war era period, it would be nice to see the single rune stamp and compare it with rifle stamping. Anyway the dating of grips are not typical same as the single rune is enough for proofing no need other "SS property stamp"

As mentioned before the DH shouldnt be stamped on LAH frogs or items, so the DH is not the SS property stamp for all branches of SS for me. The TKV should have the DH as their property stamp.But it doesnt mean they should stamp with DH everything.
The WBD are well documented on Wheeler book same as there exist samples on various leather items, there were no any DH found on them only the SS runes when i am correct. On one was found a VA stamp.
best regards,Andy

Andy,

Eventhough the 2 White Frogs that Denny posted for me had SS Marked bayonets in them when I got them. I have to say that the SS Property Marks were no different than what I have seen on SS VZ-24 bayonets and SS TV bayonets. The only comparrison difference I have seen to date has to do with the accountability number location.

I have talked to several of my collector friends over the last several days and none of them have a rifle and or bayonet that they could say is definitely LAH.

All bayonets and rifles have similiar Property Marks. I had Denny post some different SS Rifle and luger property marks from my collection. As to date there is no one type of Property Stamp that has been recognised as to represent the LAH. SS Collectors really have not even seen LAH stamped and or engraved into anything.

Richard K