Originally Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP
Richard,

Regrettably I’ve got some things to tend to now, so this will be brief. The greater L.A. area (before the Internet) used to be a great place to find all sorts of things. And while fakers can and do make copies and bad items - there are real SS “VA” frogs. As for the WBD types, at first I was skeptical of them. And I still am for some. But with others I’m more inclined to put them in the early 'SS/TV' category.

FP,

I will have to get some pictures up of these frogs. I could use some help evaluating them if you would.

FP, would you post some examples of what you consider original VA Frogs & SS WBD Frogs.

Thanks,

Richard Kuchta

Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com
FP,

In regards to the SS Property Marked Bayonet Frogs, I need to express an opinion about the placement of the SS Property Stamp. In comparing all of my marked frogs, the SS property Stamp is in one of 3 places. I feel that there is signifiance in the placement but can not link it to anything specific at this time. In addition there are some different sizes and styles of SS Property stamps.

Richard Kuchta

And please don’t take this the wrong way. But the entry posted above is why I asked for a clarification of a “ SS property Stamp”. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I was not quite sure just which type of stamps were being discussed (unless of course it was pictured).

Best Regards, FP