Originally Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP
Originally Posted By: richkuch43@aol.com
FP,

A quick comparisson of a SS/VT Frog and a Waffen SS Frog is the following.

SS/TV Frog has:

1. SS Property Mark ( a Death's head?) 2. SS/TV Standarte mark ( a number?)
3. Usually a date 4. Over 90% of the TV frogs have hilt straps. 5. The serial number of the bayonet will sometimes be found on the frog.

The SS/VT (a dated "VA" stamp?) and Waffen SS only have a SS Property Stamp and sometimes a date.

FP,

I have only 2 SS VA Stamped Frogs. I am suspicious of the one. Need some help to determine actual authenticity. I have not come across SS VA frogs while collecting. Never got an actual SS marked bayonet in one. Have not seen them in collections.

I also have 2 SS WBD Marked Frogs. Both were purchased from vendors. I do not discuss them because I have no real providence on them. Never got a SS bayonet in one of them.

Richard K

Richard,

Thank you.

An SS/TV Frog has: # 1. SS Property Mark * ( a Death's head?) # 2. SS/TV Standarte mark * ( a number?) # 3. * Usually a date # 4. * Over 90% of the TV frogs have hilt straps. # 5. * The serial number of the bayonet will sometimes be found on the frog.

The SS/VT: * (a dated "VA" stamp?)

And the Waffen SS: # 1. * only have an SS Property Stamp (a Death’s Head?) #2. * and sometimes a date.

How am I doing for getting what you stated correctly?

Best Regards, FP